How to keep stainless STAIN-LESS
- Keep your stainless clean. Cleaning allows the stainless to form a natural protective layer of chromium oxide. The protective layer forms as a natural reaction to the oxygen in the air we breath everyday.
- Always test an unseen area of your stainless first to be sure you are satisfied with the results of any cleaning attempt.
- Never use steel wool or steel brushes.
- The brighter the polish or finish on your stainless the more caution should be used when cleaning.
- Frequent fresh water rinses followed by drying with a soft rag and waxing with paste automotive wax. If possible use a mild detergent and warm water first then rinse and wax.
- If scrubbing is required do not use anything abrasive. A soft brush or sponge is recommended.
- If water rinsing is not a desirable option any glass cleaner is a good choice.
- For stubborn stains a mild household cleanser, non-scratching can be used, an ultra-fine polishing compound such as Sea Power can be used.
- When considering chemical cleaners read the label and contact the manufacture or distributer to ensure that the cleaner will not harm the finish on your stainless.